Friday, February 12, 2010

Pre-travel all-nighter

So I'm sitting in Cary, North Carolina (a city/town sprawling thing which I actually rather despise) with about four hours until I have to head to RDU airport.

I leave RDU for Dallas at 6:10 am, then I leave Dallas for Tokyo at 10:10. I will be arriving at 2:30 pm on Saturday. I spend six days in Tokyo (including the Spring Festival/Lunar New Year, which happens to fall on Valentine's Day), then I continue to Taipei, my ultimate destination.

I can't help but feel as though I'm not sufficiently prepared, though I've of course known for months that I'm leaving today.

Re the blog name... luuxing is the pinyin representation of the Chinese phrase for "travelling" or "tourism" [旅行] (though I have been warned about so-called "academic tourism"). I know, a nerdy name. But oh well. After all, I am going to Taiwan because I want to practice my Chinese.

Ideally: I will attempt to blog every other day, and I will include pictures of places I visit. Naturally, as I am actually studying abroad, this may have to change.

So this is it for the first post, I will try to update again when I get to Tokyo (after a grueling 20+ hours on planes).

No comments:

Post a Comment