Friday, February 12, 2010

all-nighter part 2

As I sit here munching on cheese and pretzels, and downing copious amounts of Diet Dr. Pepper, it has occurred to me that 3 hours is a long time, and I'm sure as hell not going to bed. So what better things to do than to make a list of things I will and won't miss about America? In fact, I've got three easy things to start off the list!

Things I'll miss:
Cheese
Pretzels
Diet soda
Milk
My friends and family
Snow
Hulu, Pandora, and other US-only web services
Beds with soft mattresses
Being able to tell who's gay and who's not
Turkey
Sleeping 'til noon
Actual toilets in restrooms

Things I won't miss:
Gender roles
Puritanism
Suburbs
"Chinese food". Also known as PF Chang's or 35 Chinese.
Pop music
Organised religion
High prices on everything
Partisan news spin

Update @ 2:50 Apparently it's snowing in Dallas. Hopefully it won't interfere with my connecting flight... still, I guess I'm lucky not to have flown through New York, DC, or Chicago

@ 3:00 I'm off now, getting ready and then heading to the airport. Hopefully I'll have internet at my hostel in Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment